How To Set Up Your Mantel/ Wall Clock!
Setting up your Mantel/Wall Clock
- Set your clock on a sturdy/level surface or wall and remove the packaging carefully from the back of the clock.
- Careful not move the pendulum rod too much while handling the clock, as it can throw the clock off beat.
- Hang the pendulum and give it a gentle and light swing engage the gears. You should hear an even TICK TOCK (meaning the clock is in beat*)
*A clock is in beat when the tick and tock of a clock are evenly spaced and within the same time interval
Setting the time on your clock
- When setting the time on your clock you should only move the minute hand to the desired time
- Make sure you move it slowly, especially when nearing a chime. At 12,3,6 & 9 for a “westminister” movement or at 12 & 6 for a “bim bam” movement.
- Stop when you reach each chiming point and allow them to engage and chime accordingly.
- Repeat until the correct time.